Saturday, February 14, 2009

Valentines Day

OK - I'm going to be honest here. I'm not a big fan of Valentines Day. I don’t understand this day and I don’t know why it is such a big deal, until yesterday. I went to get Courtney a gift after beating my brains out for the past couple days wondering what I was going to get her. Then somewhere in the process it began to click in my mind about this day. I remember feeling lonely on this day when I was single. As I was looking for a card for Courtney, I was reminded what a great wife she is to me. On days like this she goes out of her way to make me feel special and make me gifts. This day is a celebration of love between you and your spouse. It is a day to let your loved one know how much you care for them.

A lot of times I fail to let Courtney know what she means to me. She is an awesome wife and an awesome mother. I love seeing her play with my son. I love coming home to her and Michael Dean talking and playing. I love the walks we share in the evenings. I love winding down our evenings watching TV together before bed. I love it when I come home early in the morning from the YMCA and our small talks we have as she gets ready for work. I love my wife’s long red hair. I love it when she laughs at my “dorkiness.” I just flat out love my wife, Courtney Brezina Icenhour.

Happy Valentines Day.

No comments: