Tuesday, January 18, 2011

Being Free

While reading, I came across two statements about freedom that resound ed very loudly to me:

1 - The better where you stand with the Lord, the more free you can be.
2 - The more free you are before the Lord, the more confident you will become.

The better you stand with the Lord, the more free you can be! I hate so badly what people have done with Christianity. Some leaders have made rules so burdensome and strict that it is absolutely impossible to be a Christ - follower. This is exactly what the religious leaders did in the Old Testament. In the New Testament, Christ came to offer us freedom through salvation and grace. Grace is not burdensome. It free s us from sin and despair. When my relationship is right with God, I will not care about anyone else’s opinion of me, but only where I stand with God. I have to admit, the times I get insecure about who I am or what I’m doing is when I have not spent any time reading and praying and am just not focused on the will of God for my life.

The more free you are before the Lord, the more confident you will become. When I know where I stand with God, there is real security. When I remember God sent his son to die for me, I know I am valuable to Him. When I understand there are things that are important to God, such as the details of my life, the way I live my life, the closeness I have with Him, the more confidence I have. God set His heart of favor on those whose hearts are following Him. He honors those who honor His word. He makes them exceedingly happy.

Let me encourage you. Experience God’s freedom. Live a more free life. Seek Him by reading His Word and spending time in meditation on His Word and in also in prayer.

“…where the Spirit of the Lord is, there is freedom.” 2 Corinthians 3:17

No comments: