Monday, July 19, 2010

Lies I struggle with

1. Sometimes I believe the lie that I can’t afford to take a break or rest.
2. Sometimes I believe the lie that I’ll spend quality time with my wife at the end of the day.
3. Sometimes I believe the lie that the more I do the more valuable I am.
4. Sometimes I believe the lie that the little problem I have isn’t jeopardizing my leadership.
5. Sometimes I believe the lie that I need to jump at every good opportunity.

These lies can really cloud my thinking on things and impair my judgment. It takes discipline in my thoughts to over come this kind of thinking. I can’t remember whom I first heard said this but it has stuck with me, “Discipline thought equals discipline action.”

The ways I try to stay discipline:
- Schedule my week in advance.
- Prioritize time with my wife on son.
- Surround myself with friends who will push back when needed.
- Stay disciplined about my faith, my exercise and personal time.
- Learn to say no.
- Decide in advance what I hope to accomplish.

I credit Tony Morgan’s book “Killing Cockroaches” pages 90-92 for the information

No comments: