Wednesday, April 22, 2009

New Years Resolution Follow-Up

Back in January I decided I wanted to lose 20lbs by the end of April - then reward myself by shaving off my beard. Well, I reached AND beat that goal! The picture to the left is me at 238lbs on Thanksgiving Day 2008. Well, I reached my goal by the end of March, not April! On January 1st I weighed 238lbs and today I weigh 217lbs! That's 21lbs - gone. I am really stoked about this!

It's not been easy- I've had to cut back on the Cokes, Cherry Lemon Sundrops and Sweet Teas I drink. I've also had to watch what I eat (just from my plate to my mouth), especially candy - see, I love Reese’s Peanut Butter cups and I also love second helpings as well as desserts. I didn't completely cut these out - I just cut these back, way back.

Finally, I've been getting up at 5am on weekday mornings and heading to the Y to work out for 30 – 45 minutes. This has probably been the hardest thing for me to do. I'm working hard, really hard to make this a habit.

The bottom line is I feel better. I feel great, I sleep better (hopefully I can eventually stop using my CPAP machine) and I had handle stress a little better. I'm actually looking forward to my physical with Dr. Ha in July. I'm excited to see what my cholesterol will be. Last summer it was 290 and I had a fatty liver. See, it was really hurting my liver’s feelings when my kidney and spleen kept calling him "fatty, fatty 2x4 - can’t fit through the bathroom door!" So, I'm looking forward to my physical results and seeing the improvements I've made.

Now I want to be down to 210lbs by the end of July and I want to run a 5K on Thanksgiving Day with Tiffani and Travis. I think I can do it! Oh, and here's the latest picture of me and my boy - taken this past weekend. Do you see a difference?

No comments: