Monday, December 1, 2008

Tis the Season

What a great time of year! I just love this time between Thanksgiving and Christmas. I get excited about giving (and receiving) gifts. I also, now, get excited about seeing my boy have fun around the Christmas tree, getting him presents and having his picture made with Santa. I love to buy my wife gifts and treat her special during this time of year because she really puts a lot of time (she doesn't have) into decorating our house. I am also excited because at our church, Rocky River Community, we are doing a 3-week study on Rick Warrens, the “Purpose of Christmas. ” Our Pastor (Jimmy) will also be preaching along with this study.

The first part of the series is “The Purpose of Christmas is a Time of Celebration.” I know, when you hear this I'm sure you're thinking "Yeah, now that is what I am talking about! Lets celebrate!" (And no, not the Kool and the Gang song.) I am talking about an attitude in life. Living your life with an attitude of celebration.

There are many definitions of celebration. My favorite is, “to praise widely or to present to widespread and favorable public notice." (http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/celebrate)

I want to encourage you to:
- CELEBRATE the LOVE God has for you.
- CELEBRATE that God is WITH you.
- CELEBRATE that God is FOR you.

MERRY CHRISTMAS, everyone!!!

No comments: