Monday, December 15, 2008

The Purpose of Christmas, Week 2

Here we are - just a little over a week from Christmas. How exciting! I can’t wait for MD (my boy) to get his gifts on Christmas Morning. I know he is only 17 months old, but there is a gift I just can’t wait for him to get. I can’t tell you, because if I do, I will have to kill you. The same thing with my wife. I really enjoying buying her things, putting things in her stocking and under the tree. Sometimes, I can’t wait 'til Christmas to give her the gifts. There are times I can’t wait 'til Christmas for her to open her presents - almost to the point that I want to give it to her when I get it.

I wonder if this is what it was like for God when He gave His Son for us. I bet God gets excited and the angels rejoice when we receive the gift God has given us. It is easy for us to remember that Christmas is a time for Celebration. But Christmas is also a time for Salvation!

- Jesus came to save you from SIN. Romans 3:23; Isaiah 59:2
- Jesus came to save you for a PURPOSE. 2 Timothy 1:9; Ephesians 1:11-12
- Jesus came to save you by his GRACE. Ephesians 2:8-9

Let me encourage you this week to Celebrate the love God has for you, but also remember His GIFT to both you and me, the gift of his Son - the gift of Salvation, the gift of relationship.

No comments: