Friday, December 19, 2008

God is Looking for You!

God is looking for you, for someone to take a stand. Are you the one? God is looking for someone to stand in the gap, to take a stand for Him. God is looking for someone who has the courage to proclaim His Word. Will it be you? God is looking for someone to take a stand at their school, in their job and at home. If that someone isn't you, then who?

"And I sought for a man among them, that should build up the wall, and stand in the gap before me for the land, that I should not destroy it; but I found none." Ezekiel 22:30

Gosh, I sound so preachy this morning, don't I? But, honestly, I get pretty frustrated with all the "political correctness (PC)" in our world right now. It is "Merry Christmas" and not "Happy Holidays," folks! All this PC junk has entered into our belief system as Christians and we have allowed it to effect the way we celebrate our heritage. We've forgotten how to celebrate the true meaning of Christmas.

Christmas is about the birth of Christ, the birth of my Savior and I am refusing to forget that. It is not just a holiday like July 4th or Memorial Day. It is about a new relationship, and the rebirth of soul - the gift of eternal life that no-one, and I mean no-one, can take away from you. Actually, it is the best re-gift that anyone can give.

Let me encourage you to not be afraid to stand up in the crowd. Go tell it on the mountain - that Jesus Christ is Lord!

Merry Christmas!

No comments: