Wednesday, December 31, 2008

37 Years Old

I can not believe it, today I am 37 years old. It seems just like yesterday that I was born. Man, how does time fly when you are having fun. My wonderful wife, Courtney, did this a while ago with the 31 things she was thankful for on her birthday. So I thought I would say the 37 things I am thankful for. They are not in any particular order.

1. God (of course)
2. Courtney, my wonderful wife of 5 1/2 years
3. My boy - MD, Michael Dean
4. Our dog Mila - who I appreciate much more after the movie, Marly and Me
5. My Dad - Ivey Dean Icenhour. He did not have much of a dad growing up, but he has been a heck of a Dad to my brothers and me
6. My Mom - Linda Jean Greene Icenhour. She has done everything she can to make sure my brothers and me would not have to go without. And also for her meatloaf
7 & 8 My brothers and their families - we may not always see eye to eye but we sure do love each other and I know they would do anything to help me
9. Jimmy Britt - I say this because he is my boss but he is a wonderful friend to me and b/c he is a great boss
10. Rocky River Community Church - such a great church to be a part of
11. My sister-in-law, Christy's red velvet cake
12. A good buffet
13. My Sirius Satellite radio
14. When MD greets me at the door when coming home from work
15. That is has been more than 12 years since the cowboys have won a playoff game
16. My best friend in the world - Travis Baxter. He was very instrumental in me coming to know Christ
15. My wife's sweet tea - when she makes it
16. Travis Bush, who is an awesome youth pastor and he keeps me honest
17. Cherry Lemon Sundrop
18. Gangster/mob/spy/suspense/scary movies
18.5 Halfway there
19. Washington Redskins - Hail to the Redskins, hail victory, brave on the war path - fight for 'ole DC
20. Living in NASCAR country
21. Living in North Carolina - I love this state
22. Brandon Whedbee - he laid a great foundation for our next worship pastor to build on at my church and he is a good friend
23. DirecTV
24. When I can smoke a stogie and read a book
25. Living close to a grocery store in case Courtney needs me to run out to the store
26. Living close to restaurants when we just don't want to cook (which is a lot!)
27. Living close to the church office so I can go 3 weeks without having to buy gas
28. Cherry Chapstick
29. Wendy's, What-a-Burger and 5 Guys Burger and Fries
30. The Snavley family - they made my 5 years in Ohio bearable
---Almost Done---
31. Mom #2 - she allowed me to marry her daughter
33. MD's laugh
34. Stadium seating in the movie theater
35. Tuesday, Wednesday & Thursday - these are the mornings MD and I have together
36. Walks around the neighborhood with my family
37. Finishing year #36 and starting #37

No comments: