Friday, January 28, 2011

Mind Dump

What a challenge it is to maintain right thinking when faced with so many obstacles. The past few weeks I have been really stretched in so many ways - time with my family, time at work and even time with God. I have never been in a place with my life that I love my job (I hate calling it that because I love it so much.) I have been blessed with an awesome wife and son, and I constantly see God working and moving in so many ways (in my life, in my family and in my church.)

But I need to tell you…I get extremely anxious, stressed and overwhelmed when I get stretched like I have been. When these times happen I get moody. I have to battle being moody and I hate that. So what I have to do is refocus my thoughts. Today my wonderful bride Courtney and my boss/friend Jimmy Britt helped me. Spending time with these people help and along with scripture that I put to memory. The verse that I have been recalling a lot lately has been Philippians 4:6,7- “Do not be anxious about anything, but in every situation, by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, present your requests to God. And the peace of God, which transcends all understanding, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus.”

It is awesome when the peace of God comes in and calms the storm!

No comments: